An empath is actually a real term now that is used to describe people who have hypersensitivity and extrasensory abilities. Empathic people absorb and influence emotional energy. Empathy is the most common psychic ability because it is actually a very natural thing. In the animal kingdom almost all beings feel each others emotions and act as one. You can see this in herds, packs, schools of fish etc. But for a human empath, separating one’s self from others is not an easy thing to do because they are born with stronger natural instincts. Humans all have egos which give them us a sense of self, this makes us feel separate and less or more important than other people. Humans with empathic abilities see and feel past the surface of others.
We all have empathy to some degree but in the past, emotions were often suppressed and seen as weakness in people (especially men.) This created lots of internal conflicts and threw everything out of balance. However, now things are changing and old paradigms are finally coming down. We are reviving ancient ways of life, and that’s what the whole new age is really about. On contrary, in this highly techno-logic age intimacy is very misunderstood and almost non existent. With things becoming more and more polarized and so much information being released on the internet now it’s confusing and enlightening everyone at the same time. You can see how being an empath in today’s world can feel like a very beautiful blessing as well as a curse. Most people are not even aware that they are empathic, I certainly wasn’t until 2 years ago. Before 2012 when I discovered all of this I thought I was crazy most of my life. I subconsciously found ways to turn off my abilities because I didn’t know about them I just listened to what people around me had to say. Below is a common list of things you will experience as an empath.
- Diagnosed as Bi-Polar or ADD. – Its really sad that empaths and hypersensitive children are often treated as mentally ill patients by American doctors. The medical community is corrupt and they have no idea what to do with people who have extrasensory abilities so they give them drugs to suppress and numb their abilities. Bi-Polar disorder is really just an empath who cannot control their ability to feel emotion, this takes over and they switch moods often. ADD is basically just an empath who is taking in so much psychic information from their environment that they cannot concentrate or focus, its more common for children to be diagnosed with this and given powerful drugs that have dangerous side effects. I know this because I was one of those kids.
- Private not Public- As empaths, we cannot stand to be in crowded or congested areas for too long. Imagine a radio that controls emotion, now imagine that radio being tuned into a crowd. So many emotions and thoughts and feelings going on it can drive an empath mad because they absorb all this energy! Schools, concerts, sport stadiums, protest marches, and night clubs etc. are usually avoided by empaths for good reason. The untrained empath will soak up all of these vibrations and leave them feeling exhausted and crazy. Its better to hang out with a small group, a close friend or partner, even a pet where the energy is much less intense for an empath to have a good time. Its very common for empaths to be deemed anti-social or agoraphobic.
- Cannot tolerate violence- Violent movies, video games, music, and news reports should be avoided by empaths. Foul language can also deeply effect them too. I believe people who incarnate as empaths come from more peaceful realms and dimensions where violence doesn’t occur but thats not the case for everyone. It may just be a movie or video game to some but for empaths, they feel the actors emotions as their own. It can be hard for them to watch violent things without expressing lots of emotion. Usually they won’t gravitate towards this material unless they are being pressured by people around them.
- Need to be near water- Water is the element of emotion. It balances and heals the emotional body. If you have a desperate need for long showers and baths its very possible you are an empath. Hypersensitive people seem to thrive much better in wet environments where it rains often, or where they can visit rivers, lakes, and oceans to recharge.
- Alone time- An empath will go stir-crazy if they don’t get quiet time. This is even obvious in empathic children.. They like to be alone so they can heal and figure out what they really want. Live in relationships, and roommates can be especially hard for empaths to deal with. It is very difficult to know what you are actually feeling and not be confused with someone else’s emotions.
- Picking up physical symptoms off another: An empath will almost always develop the ailments off another (colds, eye infections, body aches and pains) especially those they’re closest to, somewhat like sympathy pains.
- Chameleon- Just like the little lizard changing its colors to match the surroundings, most empathic people change their emotions and personalities to match the people around them. Empaths shift like this as a form of self protection because they subconsciously fear conflict and rejection. They avoid conflict by seeming to agree with what other people think, even if it is against their own beliefs sometimes. This chameleon effect wears off when the empath is alone, then they often feel perplexed why they weren’t standing up to their truth.
- A Stranger’s Life Story- Empathic people emit healing frequencies because of their open hearts. These healing frequencies are broadcasted outward and are often felt and picked up by strangers who are in need of support. People will randomly come up to empaths and start spilling their stories and even releasing their deepest secrets. I’ve had strangers approach me and tell me all of their medical problems, their past traumas, and current struggles within minutes. A clairvoyant will see this as “psychic sludge” spewing off.
- Addictive personality: Alcohol, drugs, sex, are to name but a few addictions that empaths turn to, to block out the emotions of others. It is a form of self protection in order to hide from someone or something.
- Drawn to healing, holistic therapies and all things metaphysical: Although many empaths would love to heal others they can end up turning away from being healers (even though they have a natural ability for it), after they’ve studied and qualified, because they take on too much from the one they are trying to heal. Especially if they are unaware of their empathy. Anything of a supernatural nature is of interest to empaths and they don’t surprise or get shocked easily. Even at the revelation of what many others would consider unthinkable, for example, empaths would have known the world was round when others believed it was flat.
- Love of nature and animals: Being outdoors in nature is a must for empaths and pets are an essential part of their life.
- Abhors clutter: It makes an empath feel weighed down and blocks the flow of energy. Their private space needs to be well decorated and organized.
- Sense the energy of food: Many empaths don’t like to eat meat or poultry because they can feel the vibrations of the animal (especially if the animal suffered), even if they like the taste. You will also have stronger abilities by switching to a plant based diet.
- You know when someone is not being honest: If a friend or a loved one is telling you lies you know it (although many empaths try not to focus on this because knowing a loved one is lying can be painful). Or if someone is saying one thing but feeling/thinking another, you know.
An empowered empath is a priceless gift in todays world. They are supernatural healers and can create a lot of peace and harmony. Once an empath realizes and becomes aware of who they are and what they can do, the whole game changes! It really is a blessing to be this way, if you feel like this is you or someone you know get excited because there is a whole other side to being an empath! All you have to do is wake up and practice using your powers. Below I listed a few attributes of an empowered empath.
- Ability to Influence Emotions- you can alter the moods of people around you, just stay calm and pay attention. Instead of being swept away by the current around you, you can shift the whole river. Just realize that your emotions actually do have a very strong effect on the people around you. Your mood ripples outward and changes the whole room.
- You can’t be lied to- your power lets you know when someone is being dis honest so listen to it! pay attention to how you feel. You can help other people with this gift as well.
- Healing- You can heal yourself and others both physically and emotionally by listening to your intuitive knowing of what to do and projecting positive emotions. You can really help people by using this power. Your emotions are a sacred gift.
- Animal & Plant speaking- Your ability can extend to the nature kingdom and you will be able to understand them and also help them with your healing ability.
- Mediumship- Some empaths can feel beyond the veil, they can sense non physical beings like angels, guides, ghosts, and people who have crossed over.
- Feng Shui- because you can feel energy so strongly you can use it to naturally create harmony within a space. Follow what you feel, and move things around. You will be shocked at how easily you can create the perfect atmosphere.
- Invisibility- you might not actually disappear, but you can use your abilities to blend in with your surroundings and calm other peoples minds making yourself unnoticeable. I would do this on the subway often when I lived in Hollywood.
- Music for manifesting- Music is amazing for empaths! Many empaths need music for sanity, they dive into the sounds and receive tons of visuals and emotions. What you are feeling emotionally is an indication of what you are manifesting. Choose music that makes you feel positive and uplifted and adventurous and you will find yourself living a life to match. Stay away from dark mainstream music.
- Telepathy- Empathic people are often Telepathic as well. Telepathy is the ability to receive thoughts and communicate through the mind. Our brains are the most incredible technology in the universe. We basically have built in cell phones that we can use to communicate.